Our Mission: Satisfied Customers
Luster Products, Inc. is the leading African-American owned manufacturer of premium personal care products servicing people worldwide. Luster Products' brands include the Pink Brand, products for women; S-Curl, products for men; PCJ Pretty-n-Silky & Smooth Roots, children products; YOU, unisex products and Designer Touch, products for stylists.
Today, Luster Products employs more than 400 people worldwide. The products are sold nationally and internationally through a dynamic sales force and numerous retail outlets. The company's main facility -- corporate offices, plant and warehouse -- is situated on 17 acres in Chicago's Stockyard Industrial Park. An aerosol production plant is located in suburban Blue Island, Illinois. The company also has branch offices in London and South Africa.
The plant in South Africa is of great importance because it has allowed Luster Products to implement a "Virtual Company" in which business is handled through independent contractors. In the past, finished products were shipped to South Africa. Now, special blends of raw materials are shipped to South Africa through the corporate office to hand-selected and specially trained independent contractors. From there, the components are assembled and stored until they are shipped. The goal of this effort is to groom the South Africa project to become a greater and more sizable operation.
The phenomenal growth and success of Luster Products has been attributed to the business savvy and commitment of the company's founder and first president, Fred Luster, Sr., a staff of hardworking, loyal employees and a family spirit that permeates the entire organization.
It is our mission to effectively satisfy the special consumer wants and needs of our market, while holding to the following guidelines and principles:
- Maximize profits through innovation and vision
- Seek new opportunities presented by Luster Products, Inc.'s unique business status
- Conduct business in such a way as to provide a consistently positive role model to the Black community
- Maintain the highest moral and ethical standards in all business operations and exhibit those standards in our commitment to customers, vendors and employees
- We will create an environment that will ensure that we continually improve to higher standards of execution. We are committed to providing excellence to our customers.
The Company reserves the right to change, substitute or eliminate any of the benefit programs. Luster Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.